Our C|M|LAW faculty forms the heart and soul of our institution. Our faculty members are accomplished creative scholars diverse in backgrounds, interest and passions, but united in commitment to educating and inspiring the next generation of lawyers.
About Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, founded in 1897 as the Cleveland Law School, was the first law school in Ohio to admit women and one of the first to admit minorities. In 1946, the Cleveland Law School merged with the John Marshall School of Law, founded in 1916, to become the Cleveland-Marshall Law School. In 1969, the Law School joined Cleveland’s new public university as its sixth college and was renamed the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law of Cleveland State University. Early graduates of the College of Law laid the foundation for the legal profession in Northeast Ohio. Now in its 113th year, Cleveland-Marshall prepares promising students to be America’s leaders in the 21st century in law, business, non-profit agencies and government.